Monday, March 26, 2007

The Weekend

So, now the main festivities of my birthday are over. But that's cool and other things are happening now. On Saturday, I went to the clinicians seminar for Lesbian Health. How did that come to be since I work at the dental school you are probably wondering? Last October I volunteered with the LHRC (Lesbian Health and Research Center) at the Folsom Street Fair. If you don't know what that is, Google it. I don't really want to describe it here, it's too much. :)
Anyway, That's how I got on the LHRC's e-mail list for classes and other volunteer opportunities for tamer things like Saturday's event. I wanted to go mainly because the first 2 seminars of the day focused on lesbian pregnancy and parenting and I feel that I have to get informed before AG and I take the baby plunge. AG was at work, and I had to be there at 7:30 a.m. because I volunteered to set-up. I chose to volunteer because all of the volunteers get to go to any of the seminars for free, while everyone else has to pay. I learned a lot of really interesting things and got cards and websites for more information. I am very happy. And there was breakfast and lunch. After that, I went home and curled up with AG to watch "In Her Shoes." Between the quietness of the movie and the rainy weather, we both fell asleep. We took a 3-hour nap! We woke up around 7, made dinner, finished the movie and went to bed again around 11. On Sunday, we let nature wake us up and decided to spend some time on the house. We cleaned the room and did laundry, AG vacuumed and I wiped down the bathroom. We did a cat box overhaul (removed all litter and washed it out). Washed the sheets and towels. After all that, we walked to the grocery store. Safeway isn't that far away and we have one of those little push-cart roller things to make the trek back to the house easier. The carts are essential and are impossible to live without when you don't have a car. Especially if you have to carry anything like toilet paper or anything involving a cat (like their food or litter). The only time we went shopping and had not yet purchased the cart was a disaster. We had to stop every minute to rest because we had so much stuff. Then we got the cart. Yay. Then we put on, "The Illusionist." We both fell asleep and slept for about an hour or so, then awoke and made pork fajitas. They were awesome. Then we finished the movie, which was excellent by the way, and watched 60 Minutes, Amazing Race, and Cold Case. Then more sleep. We had a really busy but relaxing weekend. More to come.

2 comments:

Michael Songero said...

So how come you never post on my blog? I welcome the chit chat!

Merlicious said...

I never post because I don't have any comments for your postings. They don't really pose questions or ask advice. Your posts don't really seem open to dialogue, it's more from an informational standpoint.