Monday, March 5, 2007

Target and Cookies

AG has been friends with Melissa for over 20 years. I cannot even fathom that kind of longevity with someone I have known since high school, especially because people change drastically once high school ends. Melissa and AG are very different people. Sometimes it's hard to believe they are friends at all, but they are. That being said, Melissa came up to visit this weekend and we went to Target. Since I have been car-less for the past month, it has been a bit of a challenge shopping for some of the larger items I need (like cat food and litter [it's really heavy, and hard to carry if you have other stuff]), so when Melissa arrived on Friday afternoon, I asked her if she would please take us to Target. I bribed her with Starbucks to sweeten the deal, and she agreed. AG and I were able to load up on almost everything we had been needing but had not been able to carry (40 lbs. of cat litter, 30 lbs. of cat food, 1 giant storage bin) and stuff like that. That morning I had clipped coupons so we saved even more money above Target's already awesome pricing. As I have said in earlier posts, The SF does not have Wal-Mart so we do the best we can with Target. I also talked to The Youngest (Future Mama) while shopping. She said she and Future Grandma were going to this baby stuff expo and that being pregnant sucks, but I refuse to believe that. I, for one, cannot wait to have a baby.
She asked me when the next time I am going home with be, and I said the second week of July, like always. Side note for my readers: I go back to Colorado twice a year. Once in July, once in December. Mom has a week off in July, that's why I go then. And December goes without saying. If it were up to them, I'd go back once a month. Anyway, got stuff from Target, went home, played with my daughters (the cats) and pretty much did nothing for the rest of Saturday. Sunday rolls around, Melissa leaves, AG and I hang out reading, playing with the cats and watching TV. Afternoon rolls around and I prepare to go to the synagogue for cookie basket making. However, when I arrive, I am severely disappointed. The doors were locked and no one was going in or out! I wait around for about 15 minutes and then go home. I was upset. AG was there to comfort me and she made me dinner. Now I have to find a recipe involving apricot preserves so I can use the jar I bought for cookie making. On a brighter note, my birthday is approaching and I am inviting a few friends over for a small dinner party. I was thinking I could use the preserves recipe at that. More on that later today...

No comments: