Monday, March 19, 2007

Yay for Timing!

I must say, my anal retentive attention to the timing of things paid off on Sunday at the much anticipated Dinner Party! A good time was had by all (I hope), and the food turned out really well. We had: Three kinds of crackers (did you know they come in Party Packs?) with herb-vegetable cream cheese, garlic-herb cream cheese, and herbed goat cheese (my personal favorite) for appetizer. For the main course, we had mashed potatoes, corn, buttery rolls, and Havarti chicken. What is that you may be asking yourself? It's chicken breast with a slice through the middle to create a pocket with slices of dill Havarti cheese layered inside. Then you dip the chicken in egg, then flour, pour some water in the bottom of a glass baking dish, and bake until the chicken is cooked through. It's a recipe of my own creation along with the dessert. I took champagne flutes and chilled them in the refrigerator while we were eating. Then, I spooned a ball of Tropical flavor sorbet into each of the glasses, then I added a layer of vanilla ice cream, then another layer of sorbet, then ice cream. A total of 4 layers. I melted apricot preserves in the microwave and spooned the warm preserves over the top of each of the flutes. I must say, it was delicious. I also wanted to try a special drink for this little event: The Flirtini. I am normally a beer drinker, but I enjoy the occasional cocktail. A Flirtini is 1oz. of vodka mixed with 2oz. of champagne and 2oz. of pineapple juice. Very, very tasty. I mixed the alcohol and the juice separately, poured one double shot of the alcohol mix into a frosted martini glass and filled the rest with the pineapple juice. It was really yummy. Everything went well and even the Brown Girl kitty came out to say hi!
I got to meet Katherine's Darcy and they got to meet my Jenn. Jenn really liked both ladies and we hit it off splendidly. I am very happy. So now, the things on my list: continue excitement about my impending birthday (this Thursday!!!!) and eat many, many bagels. Life is beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby I rate your dinner a 10! Presentation, uniqueness, and delicious factor was a chart buster! Also you KNOW how much I enjoyed your cocktails.... I love you sweetheart.. you are the greatest, sexiest, sweetest birthday girl that ever was! Let the festivities begin.

Merlicious said...

HAPPY MER!!

HelloBettyLou said...

Glad you had a good time. Although our parties as kids really don't compare to the parties now. No bouncy rooms, no gift bags, no huge homemade cakes.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget cherrio necklaces, tea parties, t-shirt parties and doll cakes. Those were the best times and you really liked your birthday parties. We would celeberate for a week. Hey isn't that what we are doing now!!! Love MOM love you.