Friday, March 9, 2007

In Search of the Perfect Pen (and Bagels!)

I realize what I'm about to say makes me sound like a huge nerd, but I really don't care: I spent most of today going through the Office Max catalog and picking out the things I want Beth (my awesome supervisor) to get for me. I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "who gives a rat's behind about pens and organizers?" I do, that's who. I love it. It's just a giant book of products designed to make people's lives better and easier. For example, I needed to find a specific pen that I really like to use and I was also on the hunt for a desk elevator to put my monitor, desk accessories, and phone on. Beth and I inhabit an area of the 4th floor that used to be a storage area. Once this area was taken over by Pros, it was converted into our office space. Unfortunately, this space is very limited and can barely house the two of us, let alone our stuff. Some creativity is necessary, which is why I need the desk elevator. I am planning on putting my monitor and phone on it, which will technically double my counter-area by pushing everything back at least 6 inches. Now, when I write something, the piece of paper won't be hanging off of the end of my counter! Yee ha!
Also, AG started her new job yesterday. Tired of the drudgery of the elderly and sick (she used to be a CNA), she got a job at Noah's Bagels in the Embarcadero! This is good news for me, as the bagel is one of the most perfect foods ever created, and she gets some pretty serious discounts. Also she works with many, many lesbians. I don't know how she lucked out with that, but we are both pretty happy. She is just getting into the swing of things, but the shop is right next to BART and they are really busy all day, making the day go quickly. I am very happy for her. She was really unhappy at her last job, even though she was there for a long time. Any job where you are around death and crazy old people is really depressing and she had just had enough (it had been 5 years). This is a great new opportunity! AND BAGELS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Jen likes her job and bagels. Just take them to work as we all know, too many bagels will make us look like a bagel. Did you know that your great grandfather Harry Asen ate bagels every Sunday of his life along with lox. He was Jewish after all. Love MOM