Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's My Birthday Eve

In case my faithful readers have not been so faithful lately, my birthday is tomorrow!! I like to stretch the celebrating out as long as possible because I like feeling special. So far I have received the following Mer-Centric presents: 4 cards, 4 magnets, 1 giant bouquet of flowers (from my AG) that smells up the entire house (in a good way), kitty stickers, a beautiful stained-glass wind chime that is multi-colored rainbow, 1 book, 8 pairs of festive socks (in one pack, that are brightly colored and some are stripey), and a musical card that sings, "Celebration." AG is determined to hold my last gift hostage until the real day and my parents and grandparents are holding out until my actual birthday to give me their gifts, and I must say, I have a lot of people around me that love and care about me. I am really, really lucky because I know that I am a rare sort of person to have a loving partner, family, and network of other people encircling me in JOY to make my life truly great. Isn't that what birthdays and holidays are all about? Reflecting on the goodness in your life and being thankful for it?
I have decided to be more thankful on a daily basis for the graces I've been given. After all, after we're gone, don't we want the people we knew in our lives to know that they were loved and appreciated? I'm just saying, it sound like a good idea. I'm going to sound dorky right now but I don't care: Tell someone you love them today and make them feel special. Cookies and milk for everyone!

1 comment: