Monday, March 12, 2007

Dude, Where's My Friend?

Now that I finally have the dinner party date nailed down, I want to try and invite a few more people. I tried to invite my buddy Danica, but I called her and her cell phone mailbox is full. So I texted her and asked her to call me. Should I be worried? It takes a lot of voicemail to plug up a mailbox, which means she hasn't gotten them in a while. AG thinks she's just out of town. This makes sense, but I tend to go a little overboard if I think something bad either has or is happening.
This is how I met Danica: When I first moved to the city, I was staying with a now-former friend. I was supposed to be there for a whole month, but it didn't work out and then I stayed with her brother at his house on their couch. I was sick of feeling unwanted, so I went on Craig's List and was determined to find a 1-Week sublet for less than $100, anywhere non-scary. Lo and behold, I did! That was how I met Danica. She had posted the ad for someone to live in a little, tiny make-shift bedroom off of the kitchen for $75 during the exact time I needed. I had never been happier. She took me to the grocery store, showed me where to do my laundry, and even gave me space in the fridge and bathroom shelves. I had never felt so welcome since moving tot he city. And we've been friends ever since. Every few months, we get together for lunch or dinner, or coffee, stuff like that. The last time I saw her, I helped her jump her car because the battery died in Pacifica, but that was several months ago. I hope I hear from her soon so she can come to the dinner!

6 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

I think she is just trying to take a relaxing vay-cay. I am sure you will get a hold of her when she comes back.

Michael Songero said...

When were you planning on letting all of your friends in on the blog?

Merlicious said...

I was planning on using word of mouth. Since only about three people read it, it's been pretty slow going.

HelloBettyLou said...

But we have really big mouths.

Anonymous said...

Has Danica surfaced as of yet? Love mom

Merlicious said...

NO! I'm going to try calling her again.