Monday, March 26, 2007

Hooray for Everyone!

I had the most perfect birthday of my adult life thanks to my work, AG, my parents, my sister, and my friends (not necessarily in that order). I ended up with 2 cakes. My work had a cake for me called the Princess Cake (I know), and then one of my co-workers got me my own personal multi-fruit cake. I got much love from everyone, including calls from my parents and grandparents, my sister wrote about me on her blog, and when I got home that evening, AG HAD FILLED OUR ROOM WITH BALLOONS!! They were all over the ceiling! It was so cool. They're still up and I will be waiting until the absolute last minute to take them down. The minute they start to wilt and look sad, I'll take them away.
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but AG is holding one of my presents hostage. She says it's to drag out my celebration even more, but I think it's so she can torment me in a fun way because she knows I secretly love surprises. However, she did end up telling me what the gift is because she has a lot of insecurity around giving people presents because her ex is a huge bitch and made her promise never to buy her anything and to just give her the money because she hated all of the presents she gave her. ISN'T THAT MEAN?!?!?!? I love everything and I am really easy to buy for, so my mom always says that I am her favorite person to shop for because I'm so easy.
I'm sure you're wondering what the mystery present is so I'll tell you:
SHE GOT ME A SPA DAY!!! HOORAY!! It's something I've never had and always wanted, so I am really excited. For an undisclosed amount, I get to pick my services for my day of rest and relaxation at one of the Castro's finest spas. Yay!! I have this Friday off from work because it's Cesar Chavez Day and I work for the state, so I might go then, but we'll have to see. I cannot wait!
PS: My youngest sister, Katie (the pregnant one) is a total deadbeat sibling. She didn't even call me on my birthday. SHE LIVES WITH OUR PARENTS, who I spoke with TWICE and she didn't even call! I'm not really broken up about it, but still. My birthday was perfect, and I am really happy about it.

1 comment:

HelloBettyLou said...

Never mind the brat. Spa days are amazing and you are going to love it. Make sure you get a facial, your skin will be clear for weeks.