Monday, April 30, 2007

Dilemma

Faithful readers-- I have a bit of a dilemma. I usually go and see my family in Colorado twice a year, but will be making an extra trip in November so the fam can meet AG. She is a little gun-shy about this because the only person she has ever met in my family is the Little Sister. Little Sister is probably the worst example of my family to meet first. She horrible. Judgemental, mean-spirited and crude. And merciless. My dilemma is this: I use up all of my vacation days going on these trips, and none of the good family members have ever made the trek out here (except when I first moved, and a lot has changed since then). I don't think it's fair that I have to waste my vacation days going to CO, and no one visits me!!!! SF is way more fun than CO, there is tons to do and free museum days, and walking tours and it's all right here at your fingertips all the time! And the weather is generally beautiful. No snow. So what to do? Mom has said that she can't visit me in July because there is just too much going on during that week. One of her nieces is visiting and there are things planned, and I'm supposed to be there, of course. And Little Sister's baby shower is going to happen that week too. I still feel like I'm getting screwed here. No one comes to see me. I'm getting really sick and resentful about this whole thing. And visiting CO for the baby shower is not going to be a big deal because LS won't give a shit that I'm there anyway. So what's the point I ask? I do miss my parents, but it isn't fair that they never come here. I'd much rather take my days off and spend them hanging around the city doing fun SF things with my family than CO things with them. I lived in CO for a decade, I think I know what it's like to be there. But none of them have spent much time in SF, especially now that I know things here. I'm going to wait for a response before I book my next ticket to CO. What do my readers think? Is Merlicious getting hosed here?

10 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

Hey bitch, I'm coming in September. I don't want to hear anything about this "it's not fair, boohoohoo." You should be happy to see your family in an capacity. Ungrateful wench.

HelloBettyLou said...

that's "any capacity."

HelloBettyLou said...

You do have a point though.

Michael Songero said...

You're not getting hosed at all. I've yet to be visited by parents or my sister even once, for a brief visit. Do I wish I could have them out here? Sure, but they really can't help. Just be happy to see them when you see them. Oh, and by the way, CO is pretty damn nice compared to NJ.

Merlicious said...

All that being said, I have visited them 4 times to their 1 for mom and Betty, and 2 for Little Sis. I protest. Besides, Betty, September is not exactly around the corner.

Anonymous said...

What a brat... Is this really about vacation time? Or are you chapped that it costs you money to fly three times a year? I think you should be happy to see your family even if its in timbuckto or where the hell ever. Instead of complaining how much you visit, get on them about how little they visit. I would give the world to be able to fly out and see my dad...

HelloBettyLou said...

YEAH!

Merlicious said...

Angry Mer.... That's exactly what I'm saying. I get the short end of the visiting stick. They should come to the cool place!

HelloBettyLou said...

And we may be judgmental, but so are you. You grew up with this family too Miss High n'Mighty.

Anonymous said...

OK,everybody take a step back. Betty...you are being too mean to your LLS. I see LLS's point and will make it a priority to come visit soon. Sometimes we don't know how lucky we are until we lose someone close. Let's not complain or bitch about visiting or not visiting but be grateful that we have someone to visit. Love MOM