Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mer!!

Hello all, and by all, I mean the 3 people who read my blog other than me. Let me begin by singing the praises of Netflix. Since AG and I don't have movie channels with our cable, we have Netflix. We get movies every day and they are seriously awesome. It's all very exciting. The cats continue their cute-ness and the house continues to be clean and festive. AG and I went to the Haight on Saturday and I am now the proud owner of my first plant. I named him Roger and he needs water every 10 days. You may be wondering why I now have a plant and the answer is sort of like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." We have thousands of patients in Pros, and they all love us. We occasionally get presents when they are finally done with treatment, as is the case here. One of my favorite patients, Kirstin, gave Beth and me a fruit bucket. It had layers of fruit in Easter grass from Trader Joe's, a cool grocery store in SF. After eating the fruit, Beth and I realized that the bucket containing the fruit was pretty neat. It is a metal bucket that is lightweight and prettily patterned. Beth said I could have it, so I took it home. The question was, what do I do with this bucket? The answer: Put a plant in it. The problem: AG has many plants and they are in our room, but they all already have homes. The solution: Go to the Haight and find a decent sized plant to live in the bucket. When I saw Roger, I knew he was the plant for me. I don't know why, it just seemed right. We'll see how this works out, as I am not exactly known for having a green thumb, but I only have to water him every 10 days, so how bad could I do?
Let's see, it's been awhile since I blogged, so there's a lot. AG and I are still doing really awesome. I love her so much and we actually have an anniversary coming up. On May 10, I will have known her for two years. I don't know or really care how we celebrate, but it's going to be a good time. As always, I have some tricks up my sleeve. :)
Work is the same, except that Beth is out of town for the next 10 days, so work is going to be Hell for a bit. Our job is impossible to do alone, so when there's one of us, it's not exactly fun. We call ourselves 911/411/24-7/365. This is why: For some reason, Pros is the only department in the school of dentistry that actually answers it's phone calls and returns messages. And because of this, people call us for everything, even if they aren't a patient here. They do this because they know we always pick up and are as helpful as possible. It's okay when we aren't that busy, but sometimes...it's really frustrating. More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby... Our annniversary is on May 5 not May 10.... but hey we can celebrate twice if you want. I love you!

Merlicious said...

I know! I don't know why I thought is was earlier.