Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Land of Mer

Nothing to report as of late, so I'll just update everyone in general. This is my 20th post, so yay for that. Easter happened, my mom sent me and AG an Easter basket, per usual, and it was fabulous. At least I waited until the day before Easter to start eating my candy (AG started right away). I cannot bear to take down my b-day balloons from our room because I love them so much. Most of them are still going strong.
Oh!! I almost forgot. AG and I gave the cats a bath on Monday evening. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to bathe a cat, so I'll describe it in detail. First, I have to tell you all that I have only what can be described as "Genius Cats." They are brilliant, I have no doubt, because their Mommies are brilliant. We have learned that in order to bathe the girls 1) We have to herd them out of the bedroom and close the door because they will hide under the bed and will not come out for the rest of the evening (escaping their bath). 2) It must be done 1 at a time in the kitchen sink (Brown first because sometimes she cries). 3) The directions say that the flea soap must remain on the cat for a full five minutes to fully work, so the timer must be set. 4) It takes two people to bathe each cat-child (I hold them down and AG bathes them). They have only had two baths in their lives and they really hate it.
They basically hate everything I do to them unless it directly involves me letting them sleep on me OR anything that results in the petting and love of them. I use a flea brush on them every day and they hate that too. The bathing thing is going to happen regularly. AG and I have a plan of attack for that. We are going to bathe them again next week, but instead of letting them back into the room, we are going to flea-bomb the room and pray that it works. That's the one really good thing about Colorado: It's so dry and high up that fleas cannot live there. It's not that bad though. I do have war wounds from the bath. AGAIN: They really don't like it.
I tried to put a photo of my cat scratch in here, but apparently me having my new and fabulous phone is like giving a camera to a toddler: They really have no idea what they are doing, but it's fun to watch them try :)
Also AG and I are trying to get Indigo Girls tickets for June. The pre-sales didn't have any remaining tickets together, so we have to wait until the regular tickets go on sale on the 15th. We love the Indigo Girls. We've seen them twice and it is always really special and amazing.
Gotta go, I have more stuff to accomplish today besides updating my blog. Love for all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the california flea situation. Gross! Will never leave Colorado...the flea free state. That could be the new state motto. love mom

HelloBettyLou said...

So, when I visit, I am going to come home with fleas? Nice.

Merlicious said...

No, they'll most likely die due to the altitude of the airplane. Don't worry, they won't be on you. Just the cats. Hopefully by them we will have eradicated the problem. Calm yourself.