Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Mommy!!

I received much buzz and commentary after my last blog posting, and ended up with a result I am happy with. Mommy has agreed to come and visit me soon, but we don't know when yet. I don't ever include my Daddy in my pleas for SF visitors because he has said he will never visit me here because he hates the city, so I don't try. It's not as if I don't want him, he jsut won't come.
So, the next question, what to do when Mommy comes to visit? The last time she came, it was with my sisters, 2 months after I moved to the city and it was only for 2 1/2 days. Much has changed since then. Depending on when she visits, there are many things that have to be planned. There are tons of cool museums, including the Asian Art Museum, SF MOMA, Railway Museum and many, many others. There's the beach, the GG Bridge, many restaurants and parks, and street fairs.
But it all depends on WHEN. Different things happen in different months, and no two seasons are alike, weather wise or event wise. For example, if she comes in June, does that mean she is going to want to come to Gay Pride? If so, Pride begins on Friday, June 22nd. Also, that is when AG and I are having our little ceremony and signing our Domestic Partnership papers, and exchanging rings. She has already said she can't come in July because there's too much happening during that time. August is good too, I beleive the Castro Street Fair will be happening, and it is also AG's birthday on the 17th. However, Little Sis is having her baby Aug. 25th. That brings us to September, when Big Sis is visiting. Are they going to coordinate?
In any event, I am super-excited about this. More to come as details surface!!

7 comments:

Michael Songero said...

That was by far the most hysterical set of catty posts I've seen in quite a while. I'd actually pay money to read that more often. You all are catching up to my family on the arguing front. But honestly, your family doesn't have it all that bad at all.

HelloBettyLou said...

I am going to visit on my own, no coordinating necessary.

Merlicious said...

There's nothing wrong here. I just wanted some visitors, so I plead my case and now my Mom has promised a visit sometime soon. Betty just got a little overzealous because she thought I was being ungrateful. I was simply pointing out that it's my turn to RECEIVE visitors instead of BEING one. Case closed.

Merlicious said...

Cool. I'm really happy to have you both. September weather is beautiful.

HelloBettyLou said...

I just wanted to miss June Gloom. I was also supposed to go to a wedding, but I'm not invited now so I am going for you and much clam chowder and real Chinese food. Oh, and brunches among the queens in the Castro.

Anonymous said...

Suppose we should talk about the best time for me to come. Not june..grace's wedding. Not July..you will be here. Not august..baby coming...Maybe september. What do you think? Love MOM

Merlicious said...

September would be good. The weather is usually really beautiful, and I think it would be a lovely time for a trip!!