Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy Happy!!

I have excellent news: AG and I are going to see the Indigo Girls in concert for the third time on June 6th. We have already seen them in all their glory twice before and each time is always really cool and special. Last time, they gave away posters. Yee ha. The pre-sale tickets went on sale last week and I tried to get some on-line but I could only get individual seats (boo), so I decided not to go that route. Either way, the pre-sale tickets were sold out IN ONE HOUR!! So I called TicketMaster at exactly 10 a.m. on Sunday and spoke with a rep who got us really great seats. Luckily all of the tickets were either $35 for not reserved or $40 for reserved, so we went with the good seats. Both AG and I are really excited. I love the Indigo Girls and they are one of very few griups that I will pay to go see. I am not normally a music/concert person. I usually take the "why waste the money?" position. But they are totally worth seeing. Their concerts always make you feel like they're singing directly to you, and it feels so good. AND THE BEST PART: Their concerts are always 99% lesbians. Both AG and I really like being around large groups of lesbians (it's like being with family) and it's a guaranteed good time.
Also, and this is the BESTEST BESTEST PART: My wedding ring arrives in the mail this week!! I am so, so, so excited. Neith AG nor I are the Circus Wedding types, and that includes rings. It is a plain white gold band 4 mm wide (the thinnest size they can engrave). We are ordering them separately because if you do that, the second ring is discounted, and hers is more expensive because it is slightly wider (5mm), so we are ordering hers next week. I have promised (under penalty of death) to immediately turn over the ring package (unopened) to AG as soon as it arrives in the mail. I always have everything shipped to my work address because then I know I will get it delivered on time without fail. I got an e-mail on Saturday saying it was shipped. The company is based out of L.A., so it should be arriving this week!! HAPPY HAPPY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I'm confused. You said it was just domestic partnership signing. Am I missing something. You assured me you would keep me informed. Rings sound very ceremony like and I don't want to miss it. MOM

HelloBettyLou said...

Yeah, Mom needs a wedding. She's already got a child out of wedlock by way of Youngest. Throw her a bone, why don't cha.

Merlicious said...

It is just a domestic partnership signing. It's like a mass ceremony. Nothing wedding-esque about it. We're participating in the ceremony, signing a form and then jetting off to the Russian River. There are no flowers or pretty outfits. No professional photos. No one is missing anything.