Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Pursuit of Thinness

I've been walking home lately too. It's 4.2 miles. As much as I love myself (and as sexy as AG finds me), I am still trying to lose weight. I have to get down to a certain weight before I can donate my eggs, and apparently, my eggs are too fat right now. But the pursuit of thinness continues and I never give up hope. I have discovered a few things that help me: 1) Eat half of the amount you REALLY want and save the rest for later. Your brain and tummy get mixed signals and trick you into eating more than you need. 2) You really don't need that eclair. I know it looks little, but it's probably about a million Weight Watchers Points. This makes it pretty much not worth it. 3) It's all in your head. Motivation is really important. I know it seems like 4.2 miles is a really long way, but it really isn't. Especially if you are listening to the Black Eyed Peas and the whole trek is pretty much down hill. 4) Sex can be used as exercise. This is another great thing about the Pursuit. Your partner can help you and this particular activity is super-fun and serves several purposes. The more sex you have the healthier and happier you are. It's true. It boosts your immunity and releases helpful endorphins. WOO HOO!! And the last and most important part: No one is going to lose the weight for you, it is something you have to do for yourself for your own reasons, but it is important to have a goal.

3 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

You have to have an hour of RIGOROUS sex to burn about 300-500 calories.

Anonymous said...

I have to say the notion that sex makes you thin is a myth... Im havin pleanty and still chunky.

Merlicious said...

What makes you think the sex isn't rigorous? Besides, burning some calories in a fun way is better than none at all.