Thursday, February 28, 2008

Loose Ends

1. Massages are awesome.

2. Patients are giving me presents.

AP gave me a gift certificate for a 90 minute massage for my birthday last year and something was always happening, so I never got a chance to use it. I called the salon and they happened to have an opening for Tuesday, so I booked the time. It was really awesome. Very, very relaxing.

Also, a patient came in today just to give me a card and a really pretty sterling silver and Tiger's Eye bracelet as a thank you and good bye gift since I wouldn't be here the next time she came in with her mother (the mother is a patient). She does not live anywhere near here so I know she made a special trip. I told AP what happened and she said that I make people's experiences in my office memorable in a good way because I am really good at what I do and I am helpful and friendly. I told her that I am not doing anything out of the ordinary or special, I am just doing what is right for the patients because they deserve a good experience when they come to see us. Apparently, it means a lot to them. It makes me feel good to know that I have impacted their lives. I didn't know I was doing that. :)

I'll miss them all, but it's time to move on.

No comments: