Monday, February 4, 2008

I Have Returned

No, I haven't gone anywhere, I've just been both busy at work and lazy with my blog, which makes for very little blog time. Lot's of things have happened since November, so I'll give a brief overview:

-Went on 3 job interviews (and wasted my vacation time) in the Valley trying to get a job so AP and I could be closer to her family (not I said WASTED)
-Christmas
-New Years
-Moved out of Devil House (stuff in storage)
-Nephew passed away (went to Colorado)
-AP's nephew passed away (went to Merced)
[The above incidents happened 2 weeks apart]
-AP and I decided to move to Colorado March 1st!

March 1st you say?!?! Yes, since getting a job in the Valley didn't work out because apparently there are no jobs down there, AP and I have decided to move to Colorado! She calls it Cold Mountain, but I know she is secretly excited. It was pretty much her idea. So we forged a deal: Since the only thing keeping us in San Francisco is my job and neither of us like anything else about the city, we are moving to CO! Our deal is thus: Give it three years (the same length of time I have lived in CA), and if she is absolutely miserable, we'll talk about moving back to California, pending the ability to find work and a decent place to live.

I am so excited, but I know that AP is going on a mixture of fear and excitement. She loves me so much (probably the only reason she has agreed to this), but she is worried about leaving her family (there are a lot of them and I know she'll miss every single person terribly). Then again, there is more opportunity for work, great housing and a chance to be with my family. I miss my people too, so we are giving this a go.

We leave Saturday, March 1st. We are going to live with my parents until we can afford to ship our stuff from our storage to Colorado. I have to find out how much that will cost. Probably a lot, but we will make it work. I miss my stuff and I feel bad for the cats. Another great thing about Colorado: No fleas. They cannot survive in the dry climate!! I seriously think we should move there for that reason alone. More to come....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!!! The return of Mer.. Hey i do love you and what makes you happy makes me happy.. I will miss my crazy bunch more than words. You have been out here for 3 years without any of your peeps. I know how sad you are everytime you come back here from visiting and I just want you to be where you need and want to be.

Merlicious said...

I love you Honey Dew. I can't wait to show you why Colorado is awesome. Our life will be better there, I promise.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to spoil you both. MOM

Merlicious said...

We promise to start trying to produce your next grand-mer within the year (No, I am not talking about another cat!) ;)