Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Home and the New Job

So, Mer has made a pretty triumphant return to the homeland of Colorado. I want to give a shoutout to my (hopefully) new crop of readers in SF, consisting of my former co-workers and other SF people. Welcome to the blog, I miss you all.

AP and I began our journey the afternoon of the 1st, I won $35 in Vegas (hooray!), I had my first job interview on Tuesday the 4th and was hired that afternoon. So all is great on the job front. I've been there almost a week and I am really liking it so far. However, it is nothing like my UCSF Family. It's private practice Perio, there are 2 docs, and yet amazingly, I am not bored out of my mind! I am still in training (yes, depending on the day, I actually have a trainer that sits with me and teaches me the job). I am enjoying it so far. AP and I are staying with my parents, which means no rent, which equals saving $$ so we can get something near where I work after we have the funds and can also have our stuff sent out here. My parents live in Aurora, I work in Broomfield (9 miles east of Boulder)=45 morning commute, which is not that bad.
TRAFFIC DIFFERENCE ALERT!: Even on the worst traffic day in CO, it still can't hold a candle to a horrific regular traffic day in the city. I forgot how different everything is here. The suburban girl returns home :)

AP is looking for a job. Transplanting a CA girl to CO is no easy task, but we're all adjusting, including the cats. They seem to be doing really well. The no longer have fleas (another good thing about CO, fleas can't survive the altitude), and they like being near us all the time. I make it a point to spend as much time with them as I can, but I have to leave for work at 6:30 AM, and sometimes I don't get home until 7:15 PM, but we try. My office is closed on Wednesdays (mid-week days off are sweet!) and weekends, so I'll have ample time to be with them. AP and I put the dogs outside and let the cats roam around around the house for a few minutes on my off-days. They are usually in the basement, so they like the change of scenery.

Other than that, not much is happening right now. I hope to write more next Wednesday! I look forward to your comments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The homefront is so glad you are home even though you have cats. MOM

Merlicious said...

You love them and you know it...They are damn cute.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

It' s incomprehensible to reprimand by appropriate info on the web.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]