Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Countdown...

The Countdown to moving day continues. AP and I are very excited. So is Mom. Katie doesn't care, and Big Sis is moderately excited. Dad is excited because we will be getting there in time to house sit for them when they go on their vacation. The get back on my birthday.

I already have a job interview for the day after we get there, and I had to turn down a job interview because they want someone to start right away. I also have to call a woman back and schedule a 20-minute pre-interview phone call at a dental temp agency. I like going through the temp agencies because there is always work, and then the employers like you so much they want to keep you. At least, that has been my experience the last couple of times I have needed a job. So, I have prospects. That's a good sign.

Also, today is Chinese New Year. This is a really big deal in San Francisco, and some schools give their students the next two days off because of it. Unfortunately, UCSF is not one of them. I did receive two Red Envelopes today, though. I am not allowed to open them until tonight. They have money inside. When we lived in Maryland when I was little, we had the Jewish holidays off, so I always really liked that. It was awesome. But then again, who doesn't like time off from school? I still do. Hee hee! More to come....

2 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

I am more than moderately excited.

Merlicious said...

Awesome. I can't wait!!