Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blog-Aversary

Yesterday's post marks my 50th post since the start of my Blog! Unlike most Anniversary Shows, we are not going to have a cheesy clip show to celebrate. This will be a regular post. To celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday, AP and I are going to the MIL house in Merced. However, we are doing a good deed in the process. There is a dental student who works for Beth and me (confirming, making new patient charts and packets etc....), who's family lives in Madera (8 miles from Merced). We will be driving her to her parents house on the way to the MIL house.

Also, AP has a terrible cold. She got it from me, but I stayed home from work on Friday, so I'm fine now. Also, I slept for most of the weekend, in-between nephew wedding stuff. Hers has moved into her chest and she feels pretty bad. Beth makes me get a flu shot every year, so that may be a factor as to why my cold wasn't bad at all. AP never gets one or takes care of herself when she's sick, but, hey, she's 38, and it's really hard to change someone who is so set in her ways, especially her!! But I love her anyway; It's one of her best qualities. She sticks to her guns, no matter what. I am doing my part by making her my "Special Drink" and feeding her Wonton Soup (her feel-better combo).

What is the Special Drink you may be asking? The recipe is as follows:

2 c. apple cider
1 c. dark rum
2 oranges
cinnamon
ginger
nutmeg

-Heat the cider and the rum on the stove in a medium saucepan. Cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Add the spices to taste. Bring to a slight boil. Serve, drink, and enjoy.

I sort of invented this drink when I was looking for something holiday and festive. As it turns out, it helps ease colds and flu as well. Partially because it gets you tipsy, and partially because the rum seems to loosen the goo in your chest!! Hooray for dual purpose beverages.

That's all for now. I'm sure something else will happen today and fuel my post for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.