Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lezzies and Big Trucks

As you all know, my evil roomie CP (Crazy Pants) crashed my car in February, so whenever AF and I need to go anywhere far away or take our children somewhere, we have to rent a car. This time, not only did Enterprise give me a free upgrade to the car of my choice, they let me keep it a few extra hours for free because I was early for the drop off. I'll explain. AF and I got to rent a Ford F-150 (Big Ass Lezzie Truck) for the same price as the "Economy" vehicle, which is usually something sad like a Neon with no power that needs gas every 10 minutes. I was very excited. We had to rent the car to do several things. We took White Girl to the vet: Good news is that she is allergic to flea bites, so she now has drops and goo, but it's nothing serious. Hooray! We also went to Ross which is next to her vet's office in search of my Commitment Ceremony dress. More good news, but of course there is a story behind it.
I bought a dress at the mall with a matching necklace for $85 total. Keep in mind, loyal readers, that I do not ever buy clothes for myself EVER, let alone spend $85 for one freaking outfit. But the dress was pretty and this is special, so I figured it was okay. Get the dress home and AF hates it. I was shocked at her reaction, and let's just say, I was really upset. I was expecting her to say how pretty it was. Needless to say, that was not the reaction I got. So we decided to piggyback the car rental and cat to the vet with a trip to Ross to see if we could do better. Not only did we find my ceremony dress, I also purchased 2 other dresses for a grand total of $68! I literally got three really pretty dresses for less than I paid for 1 at the mall. I will never shop retail again. But I should have known Ross would be awesome. They always are. Then we took the kid back home and started getting ready for the real reason we rented the car: The Indigo Girls and Brandi Carlile in concert at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga.
GO TO THEIR WEBSITE. It was truly awesome and beautiful and romantic.
The Indigo Girls are pretty much a lesbian institution and AF and I have seen them in concert 3 times now. We are both huge fans. Plus Brandi! I have decided that if she ever comes to SF alone, we'd go to that show too. And... She signed my program and congratulated us on our upcoming Ceremony. It was really cool. After the concert, we went back to the Big Lezzie Truck and made out like teenagers in the back seat. Also really cool. Then we headed home and arrived at the house around 11 pm. On a school night no less. It was hard getting up today. I am very tired, but I am also wearing my new casual dress from Ross. I look adorable and have gotten many, many compliments from my work-people. Yay!! The joy continues. Happy MER!!

3 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

Why did AF hate the first dress?

Merlicious said...

I just think she was expecting something a little more formal.

HelloBettyLou said...

What, was it a burlap sack?