Thursday, June 14, 2007

Almost Really Bad, Then Good Again

Just in case I hadn't explained the RING DRAMA, I will discuss it now. I ordered the rings separately because of the cost and when we got AF's, everything was fine, but mine had scratches on it so I sent it back so they could buff it out and send it back to me. So 3 weeks went by and I hadn't gotten it back yet, so I called them. It was my fault after all because I forgot to include a copy of the invoice in the box and they didn't know where to send it back to. Totally my bad. That was fine. So, when I got what I thought was my ring in the mail, I opened it to inspect it's smoothness only to discover that IT WAS NOT MY RING!!! This ring was too big and did not have the engraving inside like MY RING. I was really unhappy, because the ceremony is on Friday, so my plan was to write an angry e-mail and get my money back. I say WAS because I poured my heart out to AF and she called them for me, explained the situation and the lady called me back and explained that she didn't know why the guy mailed this other ring and that she had mine right there and she'd send it back to me today with a return address label so I could mail back the other ring when I received the correct one.
I know you're probably asking yourselves, "Why didn't you just call them yourself?" The answer is simple. I tend to get really emotional when it comes to things like this, especially when dealing with people on the phone, and I tend to go a little crazy with the possibility of getting hysterical. And there was a chance that I would burst into tears and start flipping out. Completely unnecessarily, I might add, because SOMETIMES I run on pure emotion and am unreasonable and don't think before I act or speak. This is why I have AF. She makes things better. She understands that sometimes I can be like this and is there for me so I don't have a meltdown.
All that being said, usually I am pretty good at handling bad stuff, so being able to have her help sometimes is very refreshing. Usually I come from the, "DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF SO NO ONE CAN DISAPPOINT YOU CAMP," but I am slowly learning that delegating small stuff to trusted people is okay some of the time. Ahh, I guess that means I'm growing up. (Wipe away the tears Mom). ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have an AF. MOM

Merlicious said...

TOTALLY.

HelloBettyLou said...

SOMETIMES! Please, I lived with you for 20 years. What's this SOMETIMES bullshit?