Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Bad Stuff (But It's OK Now)

There has been much drama in the Land of Mer over the past few days, so I'll recap. My Ceremony witness, Beth, went out of town and because one of her very dear friends had a heart attack. She was supposed to be back today so she could partake in both the Pros Graduation and the Ceremony, but she called on Monday saying that they really need her down there (Arizona), and she won't be back until this coming Tuesday. However! All is not lost. There are a lot of people who want to witness this event, so I asked the only other woman over 50 and fabulous that I knew could be available for this. It's Dr. Molly Newlon, my dentist, but she is also my friend. So that fire was put out. AND...as a consolation prize for not being able to witness, Beth is letting us borrow her car for the weekend. I picked it up yesterday. She said I could have it until she comes back on Monday. Yay!!!
This brings me to THIS WEEKEND. AKA: HONEYCAMPING! It is not a Honeymoon. It's Honeycamping. The original plan was to rent a car and go to Santa Cruz and stay over and do brunch and the beach and maybe hike. The problem is that it's Gay Pride Weekend and there are no reasonably priced hotels with available rooms anywhere in the town. So the alternative? We found the LAST POSSIBLE campspot in the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park for this Friday and Saturday. Both AF and I like to camp and the site is right outside Santa Cruz and our plan is as follows:
Friday 1:30-2:15 Sign more forms and "GET MARRIED"!
Go back to house and load up car for camping, leave for the Redwoods. We'll probably check in around 4-4:30 or so. Set up camp, build fire, eat dinner (hot dogs, Pasta Roni, and S'Mores), hang out, maybe go for a walk, watch a movie....Etc. I trail off because you can all use your imaginations for the next part.
Saturday Morning: Breakfast at Zach's (this amazing breakfast place in Santa Cruz), beach and hiking, more camping related fun, get a good night's sleep.
Sunday Morning: Breakfast on the way home, get home early enough for the Gay Pride festivities, and collapse in a heap of happiness. Oh yes, and take many pictures. We just bought 2 disposable cameras, so we will be documenting the whole trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make your pictures scrapbook worthy. MOM

HelloBettyLou said...

Oh, Mer, I wish we could be there in person, but you know we are there in spirit, crying our eyes out with happiness. I'm misting up right now. Congratulations in the mean time, I'll see you in a few weeks.