Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Many, Many Good and New Things!

So, I know it's been a long time since my last blog, but I have actually been really busy. There is a lot to talk about. Item 1, White Girl (my cat) has a weird skin thing where she has lots of tiny, gross scabs all over her skin and you can feel them when you pet her. It is really quite sad, so I am taking her to the vet June 6th. I know it seems like a long way to wait, but I am piggybacking it to a day when I will have a car because AF and I are going to the Indigo Girls concert and we are renting a car because it's in Saratoga at the Mountain Winery. Awesome venue and I don't think my baby wants to ride the bus, so she has to wait until I have a car to take her to the doctor. Other than that, the cats are okay.
Item 2: AG has officially become AF (Amazing Fiancee), as we have set two dates for our wedding. Day 1 is June 22nd. That day we will be going to City Hall for our paperwork so we can officially become domestic partners (YAY! Recognition of our life as a couple!!) Day 2 is September 8th, the day we will have our big giant Lesbian Luau Wedding Party in which my parents, sisters, friends, and many, many co-workers will join us at our house to help us celebrate our commitment to each other and have cake.
Item 3: The MOST FUN THING TO DO IN THE WORLD: Register for wedding presents. AF and I have decided (OK, I have decided) that I will be planning the entire thing myself, that includes registering for presents and making the invitations. However, the first thing you have to do when planning something like this is to register for gifts because you are then given little tags telling the guests where you are registered. Step two is a guest list and step three is making the invitations. Since I have the entire thing planned in my head, I have also decided that the only place I can make the invitations is Archiver's Scrapbooking store in Colorado. There is nothing like that here in SF, so I have to wait until my next CO trip to make them. I will be enlisting the help of my mother and whomever else we can to help. We have to make a total of 70 invitations. I am really excited about this whole thing.
At first, we weren't going to do anything. Now, we are having a Luau and registering for things. The more planning that goes on, the more excited we get. And trust me, I am not the "BRIDE" type. But now I'm wondering why I didn't tell more people about this earlier. I am getting a lot of positive response from everybody, and they are all really happy and excited for me. It's really cool! More to come....

4 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

People just like to shop and now they have a good excuse.

HelloBettyLou said...

Oh, and Youngest probably won't come as the baby will be born about 2 weeks before your party. So it's one sister and one surrogate (roommate Vieve is coming)

Anonymous said...

Sue and charlie might..I said might come too. Is that OK? MOM

Merlicious said...

Awesome!! I'm inviting them whether they can make it or not. They are definitely getting an invite. I think I already told Sue about it.