Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Why People Marry...

Based on the information I've been getting over the last 24 years of my life as far as what marriage and partnership is really about, I have come to a few conclusions: People plan weddings pretty much for the ability to register at cool places and get cool stuff. Yes, the lifelong partnership of someone who loves you and is made to be with you is nice, but the presents are simply awesome. Over the last few weeks, AP and I have been slowly acquiring the gifts that I painstakingly registered us for at Crate and Barrel and Target. People are so generous. And yes, I wrote all of the thank-you notes over the weekend and gave then to people.

Anyway, I went to C&B over the weekend and used the gift card one of the doctors got for us and we are now the proud owners of a really pretty tablecloth and cloth napkins, several serving dishes, and candle holders. There is tons of other stuff, but I can't list it all here. I am talking about the tablecloth and that stuff because AP and I have decided to host Thanksgiving this year! Once you acquire stuff to serve people with, you just want to entertain all the time. Plus, with the left over bottles of wine and champagne we have from the party, it seems only logical to invite over 6 people or so and have Thanksgiving dinner. I am very excited. There will be 2-layer pumpkin pie. It will be awesome. Mer.

No comments: