Thursday, October 18, 2007

Babies, Babies On The Brain

As both of my loyal readers know, I just tied the knot with AP. You know about my MIL, she's doing fine by the way, now I have 2 main goals for the next 6 months, and lots of smaller goals for the in-between. Tied for first place is getting preggers and buying a new car. Y'all know the car saga, I won't go into it again. But I have my eye on the Dodge Caliber, a half SUV, half car type vehicle. It's fairly inexpensive, but has gotten good reviews from what I've read.

But I want a baby too. So, since the one thing I can start working on now is the baby (it will take longer to plan than the car), I have e-mailed my OB/GYN for advice on how we can go about jumping over my conception hurdles (lesbianism, irregular periods, etc...). She says I should start taking Prenatal Vitamins, tracking my periods and start doing some in-home ovulation testing. So, I bought some test strips at Walgreens yesterday and as soon as my period ends, I have to start a daily ritual of peeing in a cup. Awesome. However, AP and I want a baby so badly, I'd pretty much do anything to get one, so peeing in a cup and tracking my ovulation is relatively minor, considering what will come down the road when it's really time to inseminate.

She said that I should track everything for three months, and if after this cycle, I don't get another period for 4 months, I should have some fertility testing and she'll help me. So, free advice through e-mail and now wait and see. So let us pray that I get another period soon. I am kicking myself for not keeping all those fertility drugs from my egg donation in 2004. Frick!!

Also, sperm is expensive, and it seems to be getting more expensive as the months go by. No jokes about Sperm-Jacking some guy for his goods, Bettylou. It would be unfair to AP, and I don't like man-sex. Ick. However, neither of us are desperate (yet). This whole thing is still in the very early stages.

So, the ball is rolling. OOOHHH, I would like to give a shout-out to my Mom, and a congrats on her new boobs. I hear they're awesome. Now YOU'RE the one with the biggest boobs.

6 comments:

HelloBettyLou said...

You don't have to "sperm-jack" anyone. Just ask a close friend. Let him visit every now and again and get a good lawyer to draw up a custody agreement and you are set. I am sure you have friends who would be willing to help out a lesbian in need.

Also, Mom's boobs ARE awesome. They fit her perfectly. Still, Youngest is a close second with her mommy boobs.

Merlicious said...

No "custody." The donor will have nothing to do with the child's life.

MOM said...

Sperm is like kittens...it's free! How much does sperm cost when you pay for it? MOM

MOM said...

If you think sperm is expensive, you shouldn't have a baby just yet. They are way more expensive then sperm. MOM

Merlicious said...

It's about $500 a pop. But that isn't the expensive part. It's the add-ons and the storage fees.

HelloBettyLou said...

I am telling you, if you don't want to take one for the team, ask a friend.